On behalf of ALDinHE’s Research Funding working group, we are pleased to announce that this year’s funding call for research into learning development is now open.
We have £5,000 available in funding, with a maximum of £1,000 per project, and this opportunity is open to anyone who works at a member institution.
Due to the rather unusual circumstances this year, we have extended the duration of the call to 12 noon on Friday 4th December 2020.
Each year ALDinHE allocates funding for innovative research projects that focus on specific aspects of Learning Development.
The ALDinHE grants are competitive bids, which are judged by the Research and Development working group against the following criteria:
- The extent to which the research will directly impact or further enhance students’ experiences of Learning Development.
- Evidence of collaboration and clear implications for the field of Learning Development, beyond the individual’s immediate practice / subject field.
- Appropriate and achievable aims within the context of the project, including details as to how the project will be evaluated and shared with the LD community.
- Appropriate research question/s, methodology and breakdown of financial details and how this builds on the current literature within the field.
- Demonstration of how the project is aligned with the research team’s interest and experience in pedagogic research.
To apply for funding, please consult the following guidance on this year’s call for proposals, along with the application form and application form guidance:
Project outcomes are disseminated to the wider community through the website and the annual ALDinHE conference.
We also encourage all successful applicants to write up their project for publication in The Journal for Learning Development in Higher Education.
For further information, please contact the Research Funding Working Group via email: email@example.com