Research and development grants
Each year ALDinHE allocates funding for innovative research projects that focus on specific aspects of Learning Development.
The ALDinHE grants are competitive bids, which are judged by the Research and Development working group against the following criteria:
- The extent to which the research will directly impact or further enhance students’ experiences of Learning Development.
- Evidence of collaboration and clear implications for the field of Learning Development, beyond the individual’s immediate practice / subject field.
- Appropriate and achievable aims within the context of the project, including details as to how the project will be evaluated and shared with the LD community.
- Appropriate research question/s, methodology and breakdown of financial details and how this builds on the current literature within the field.
- Demonstration of how the project is aligned with the research team’s interest and experience in pedagogic research.
Project outcomes are disseminated to the wider community through the website and the annual ALDinHE conference.
The call for applications is currently OPEN. Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, by 12 noon 29th July 2019.
We also encourage all successful applicants to write up their project for publication in the Journal (see information below) .
For further information, please contact the Research and Development Working Group via email: email@example.com
Some of the examples of the previous winning projects can be found here.
The Journal for Learning Development in Higher Education
JLDHE is an online, peer-reviewed journal which supports the production of high quality, research-informed writing in Learning Development.
It underpins Learning Development as a field of professional practice and as a distinct approach to higher education, and provides a scholarly resource for developers, teachers, researchers and others interested in student learning in HE.
You can register your interest in the journal as a reader, reviewer and/or writer. We welcome the submission of drafts and proposals for papers at any time.
JLDHE is published online using Open Journal Systems and is listed in the Directory of Open Access Journals. It is also included in the Society for Research into Higher Education publications: Research into Higher Education Abstracts and Educational Research Abstracts. JLDHE is also in the index of British education journals, the BEI.
Post Graduate Research Interests
There are a number of interesting research topics being explored by post graduates in the field of learning development. Click here to find out more about learning development research.