ALDinHE Recognition Scheme
The recognition scheme is now open for applications between the 1st March and 31st May 2020.
The ALDinHE recognition scheme emerged from a strong community consensus that although Learning Developers can have diverse roles, they will share certain values. Using this feedback, ALDinHE developed the Certified Practitioner (CeP) and Certified Leading Practitioner (CeLP) awards.
A CeP/CeLP online workshop was held on the 30th April 2020.
You can apply for CeP or CeLP if you:
- Are based at an institution that is an ALDinHE member; or
- Have an individual ALDinHE membership
ALDinHE membership information is available on our JOIN page.
The CeP and CeLP awards promote Learning Development as a profession in its own right.
Successful applicants receive formal recognition of their specialist knowledge and practice. This demonstrates expertise to both current and prospective employers, and might also be useful when applying for HEA fellowship.
Successful applicants are:
- Given a certificate in recognition of their Learning Development expertise.
- Added to a list of CePs on the ALDinHE website – publically recognising their expertise.
- Encouraged to add their ALDinHE status in their email signature
There is currently no requirement to revalidate an award. However, ALDinHE reserves the right to introduce a revalidation scheme / tiered recognition categories at a future date.
Applying for CeP
Applying for CeLP
This open expertise directory serves to help all those working in the field of learning development including learning developers, educational developers, staff developers, professional and academic staff. You can make contact with others working within learning development who have been awarded Certified Practitioner (CeP) and Certified Leading Practitioner (CeLP). This open expertise directory is particularly useful for those preparing their applications for CeP and CeLP.
If you would like to be included in this expertise directory, please email email@example.com
ALDinHE Annual Awards
The call for applications is currently CLOSED. Applications will re-open in March 2021.
Our previous winner and nominees can be found here for: 2020
The ALDinHE Annual Awards were launched in 2020 to celebrate great practice and dedicated practitioners in the learning development community. The awards are open to everyone working in learning development.
Nominations are invited from colleagues by sending a brief (300 words) account of a practitioner’s contribution to learning development to firstname.lastname@example.org
Tell us how they have made a difference to students and we will celebrate their achievements.
- You can nominate a colleague at your own institution or a different one. You can nominate yourself!
- The nominations will be reviewed by a committee of our Emeritus members
- The committee will be looking for a link to the five ALDinHE values and the contribution made to learning development
- We will publicly recognise all nominees and celebrate the shortlisted nominees.
- Neither you nor the person you are nominating are required to attend the conference
- Members of the ALDinHE Steering Group are not eligible for nomination